For a long time, Bgroom was famous for being one of the few backgammon sites online that would allow players form the USA to make real money wagers. Nowadays, this is no longer so. Because of U.S. laws against online gambling, Bgroom does not longer accept real money U.S. players. U.S. players are not allowed to deposit any money into a real money account nor play in real money mood at the Bgroom.
You get a 100% bonus up to $200 when you make your first deposit to Bgroom.
Conversion and withdrawal requirements:
- You need to play 0,5 match or single games for each bonus dollar to be credited as a real money balance. Example: You deposit $100 and get a $100 bonus. You now need to play 50 match or single games to fulfill the requirement.
- Once you have fulfilled the above requirement, you need to play 1 match or single game per bonus dollar to be able to make a withdrawal. So, if you accepted a $100 bonus you need to play an additional 100 games.
The traffic at Bgroom went down significantly when U.S. player could no longer participate in real money games.
The resistance varies a lot from player to player. There player base consists of all types of players, from novices to super skilled advanced backgammon players.
Bgroom offers single games, match games and tournaments. Games are available at many different bet levels at Bgroom, and you can also set the game time per move and per total game to suit your preferences.
If you have a friend you like to play against, you can set up a private table with a private chat.
In addition to offering traditional backgammon games, BGroom are famous for their backgammon tournaments. Compared to most other backgammon sites, BGRoom’s assortment of tournaments is amazing. There are daily free rolls, tournaments with guaranteed prize pots, and more. There are even Sit & Go backgammon tournaments. Tournaments are available in both real money mode and practice mode.
BGroom sports high-quality backgammon software in a downloadable client. Graphics, animations, sound effects, etc is really top notch compared to most of BGrooms competitors. Downloading and installing the client is quick and easy.
Other examples of great features:
- The lobby is really well designed and easy to navigate.
- Funny avatars are available.
- A click on the left mouse button will move you automatically with the high cube number.
- A click on the right mouse button will move you automatically with the low cube number.
- Double clicking will tear off your pieces.
Your rating is displayed in the form of a colored dice.
If you do not wish to reveal your alias and rating to prospective opponents, go to The Jungle Room. Please note that games in The Jungle Room do not count toward ratings. The rake in The Jungle Room is 3.9%.
|Match Game up to 3 points||4.9%|
|Match Game 4-7 points||5.4%|
|Match Game 8-12 points||5.9%|
|Match Game 13-17 points||6.4%|
|Match Game 18 – 21 points||6.9%|
To encourage players to play against opponents at their own ranking level, Bgroom applies rake additions for single games and match games where the opponents have at least one ranking group difference between them. The rake increase is NOT applied to the lower ranked player wins. Also, if both players have ratings over 1700 no rake increase takes place.
|Ranking group difference between players||Rake increase|
|1 ranking group difference||50%|
|2 ranking group difference||100%|
|3 ranking group difference||150%|
|4 ranking group difference||200%|
Examples of transfer methods accepted by BGroom are VISA, MasterCard, Wire Transfer, Cheque, Neteller, Skrill (Moneybookers), CashU and Western Union.
Support is available via email, phone and live chat. The BGroom support is staffed 24/7.